Sunday 13 June 2010

Songs of Praise 13.6.10 with guest No Requests

This evenings Songs of Praise is the first of a two part NYC take over from guest host No Requests.


The first things I heard off him was some excellent remixes and edits of Erykah Badu, Massive Attack and a series of Biggie reworks. Add to that some great productions of his own and some deep digging dj sets so I had to request(!) a set for SIR while me and Colin are still up to our eyeballs in it.


Matthew said of the mix: 
I approached the mix a couple of ways. First I wanted the mix to be full of music that I would want to hear on a Sunday night. Music of personal preference where genres and labels have no use. Second it needed to be recorded live; nothing was planned in advance I just imagined myself on a Sunday night playing a normal gig. 
Part 2 in a fortnight.
No Requests soundcloud page


Erykah Badu - Honey (Mark Wayward Remix)
NoRequests - Hutch
LTJ X-Perience - Sound Machine
Cole Medina - I Like It
Andy Ash - Never Give You Up
Alex Wilson - Ain't Nobody (The Revenge Edit)
Rondenion - Blue Canal
Late Invitation - The Late Invitation Theme
Harry Swinger - Rage (Part 2)
Cole Medina - Magic (Cole's Downtempo Mix)
Mudd & Pollard - Vincent (Mark E Remix)
NoRequests - Jonesin' For You
Alex Wilson - Show Me (LTJ X-perience Remix)
Kashif - Help Yourself To My Love (The Revenge New Jersey Soul Mix)
Blacklodge - Broken Promises
Rene & Angela - Love You More (The Revenge Rework)
Marcos Carbal & Shux - Lifetime Groove
Tiger & Woods - Gin Nation
Deymare - Turntable Casanova
Worst Friends - Neve's for None (Eddie C Remix)
Space Ranger - Herbal Cake
Banbarra - Shack Up (The Revenge Edit)
Cole Medina - Burn This Mutha
Benjamin Devigne - Mess Up
Imagination - Changes (Remix)
Sister Sledge - Lost In Music (The Revenge Rework)
The Noodleman - Rural Fun 
Riccio - Street Life
6th Borough Project - Closer


Listen again:


No comments:

Post a Comment