Tuesday 8 June 2010

Grand Central



Inspired by a brilliant mix by spaceinvader newbie Trustindust, of Grand Central records, I thought I'd dig out one of my personal favourites.

As seems to be the case with a lot the stuff I bought around 2000 -2003, it was due to an album of the month award in Jockey Slut that really brought Aim to my attention (I must have slept on the first album) and I'm going to guess he is still the only artists I've got from Barrow-in-Furness or at least the only hip hop records.

I don't know why really, but I personally preferred the Andy Votel remix on the single although it doesn't really vary too much away from the album version. Plus the fact that the album would be much easier to find these days than an 8year old single, I thought I would chose this cut.

Download: Aim - The Girl Who Fell Through The Ice (Votel Remix) 

Check out Trustindust's Grand Central mix here:

No comments:

Post a Comment