Monday 19 July 2010

FFRR Part 1

Inspired by Cubikmusik's show last night dropping a bit of jungle including different mix of Leviticus - Burial than I knew, I thought I'd go back and take a look at one of the influential labels of my youth. As I've said before Pete Tong, FFRR, the essential selection and essential mix were my introduction many of the djs, artists and styles of dance music that I still listen to today. Even though I guess it must be about 4 or 5 years since I last listened properly to the show ie when the sound went too far towards commercial (I know the whole point of the show was about breaking tracks that eventually became mainstream but still) I still like catching bits of it if I'm out and its on. Really though, he probably should have quit the show around the same time the label went in the early '00s. I preferred it when the show and to the same extent the label covered everything from house, rave, jungle, hip hop, downbeat and all point in between.
So over the next few days I'll pick out a few personal favourites from across the styles, all of them will of course be big hits but that was kind of the point of the label I guess.
Download: Leviticus - Burial (Chronic 1 Edit) http://www.mediafire.com/?v48swqcoh8hve18 

No comments:

Post a Comment