Wednesday 14 April 2010

Warp Records

I have written a little about my love of Warp records before here, but I think in this digital day and age of all music being available from anywhere at any time on the internet, I just want to write a few words about how they are still pushing things forward through their bleep store.

Firstly, on a more general point, a few weeks ago they announced that any Warp vinyl release bought through their site would receive the mp3s for free, making the choice of vinyl or digital no choice at all.

I have also found them to give other very generous offers. I have just received this email about some bonus Flying Lotus prints for pre-ordering the album. Ok, I had already ordered it before knowing about this, so they didn't need to mention it to people like me. It was just a pleasant surprise.

On a personal note, last year when I ordered a record that went out of stock, they not only gave me my money back, but sent a limited edition Boards of Canada 12" in it's place. I was kind of stunned, to say the least!

I just think that in these tough times, when other bigger labels seem to be struggling to find their place with digital media, Warp should be held up as an example to follow. That's not even mentioning their exploits in film and clothing merchandise.

Download: Flying Lotus & Thom Yorke – “… And The World Laughs With You" 

No comments:

Post a Comment