Friday 20 November 2009

Warp-ed


I've been listening to a lot of the old Warp records recently on the back of the recent 20th anniversary box set. I especially love all the early bleep techno ones - LFO, Nightmares on Wax, Sweet Exorcist etc and the series of "Intelligent Techno" albums of Aphex Twin, Speedy J and Autechre.


The later stuff, such as from the 00's, I can dip in and out of, it's not always my kind of thing whether its because it just went too noisy and untuneful or its just not what I expect Warp to sound like and the shock actually takes away from the music, such as with Maximo Park.


The track I have chosen, I first heard through one of those Mixmag Live! compilations mixed by Slam and on the Sasha and Digweed Renaissance mix. It took me a while to track down (although it isn't particularly rare) but I finally got hold of the classic Warp compilation "Tequila Slammers And The Jump Jump Groove Generation". I must have realised I'd got a bargain because I have left the price sticker on it from Oxfam - 99p!


Download: Jaco - Show Some Love http://www.mediafire.com/?wkykjymfbhz

No comments:

Post a Comment