Saturday 14 November 2009

Domu


Change of plan for what I was going to post today since I heard the sad news that Dominic Stanton aka Domu / Umod has decided to quit the music business with immediate effect.
I guess like most, I first picked up his music through Gilles Peterson around 2001 with the broken beat scene and over the years have picked up the classics such as the "Enter The Umod" lp, "Up + Down" and remixes for King Britt and Jazzanova.
In the past few months, I had begun following his weekly blog which I always found amusing, insightful and most of all, exceptionally well written. I hope he does find his passion for the djing and producing again but if it truely is the end, he has left a great body of work which will inspire and delight many for some time yet. 
There are many who will know the guy personally or own everything record he ever produced but that's my little piece I'd like to say in respect for the work. This download might be the last track he produced, it was floating around the net back in October but I'm unsure as to when it was made. Either way, it's a goodun.
Domu - Subversion

No comments:

Post a Comment