Tuesday 13 April 2010

DFA records

I was speaking to someone the other day about DFA records and the forthcoming LCD Soundsystem album and it got me thinking about what my favourite DFA record was. Maybe it is just me, but I had kind of forgotten just how many great records and bands there are associated with the label: The Rapture, Hot Chip, Juan Maclean, Maurice Fulton as Syclops or from last year, the Todd Terje remix of Shit Robot.


It came down to a tough choice between the following though: Frankie Knuckles remix of Blind, Happy House, Harvey's remix of All My Friends or the one stand out winner.



Delia Gonzalez & Gavin Russom - Relevee (Carl Craig Remix). The 4 minute synth intro, the pounding middle, the piano, the beats, if it hadn't come out at the height of minimal techno, you would call it epic. (Indeed for the mml fans, Baby Ford's mix on the other delivered everything that was good about that scene).

No comments:

Post a Comment