Saturday 16 April 2011

Charlie Dark is fundraising for RAFT


Please could you go to the link below and sponsor Charlie 'Daddy' Dark a few quid for running the London Marathon tomorrow. I say running, he is aiming for sub 4 hours so he's sprinting it in my eyes!

The man really is a living legend. Firstly as part of Attica Blues he made some of the few Mo Wax records which haven't dated too badly, as a poet and teacher and in the last few years with his Run Dem crew.

I know I owe him more than a few pounds. Not only has he been so generous to offer me advice and encouragement with running but really took some time out to write some great advice when I was doing my teaching practice.

He is running tomorrow on behalf of RAFT, an independent charity working to prevent and improve the treatment of major traumas such as burns, wounds and cancers of the skin through advances in medical research and in reconstructive plastic surgery. Please refer to our website for further information. www.raft.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment