Monday 11 April 2011

Brotto Remixes

Here is second release from teaandcakerecords, Brotto Remixes. 

Am not certain Tim will necessarily agree with this so this is all my opinion but I always liked (no that's a lie, I actually often hated) when records used to come in two parts; the original release and then the remixes and if you bought the original but really wanted all those Morales Red Zone dub mixes, then you had to get the second part too.

Anyway, I think there is something for everyone in this set. The glitchy hip hop of Brotto's original goes off down several roads marked "Italian electro", via some dubstep from Israel and beats from Slovakia before winding up back in the UK for what I am claiming a first (and probably last) - some minimal 2step from Matt The Good and finished off with Brotto's own reworking with a rather large, checky sample. 

Check them all out here:


No comments:

Post a Comment