Saturday 29 May 2010

The Beatmobile Part 2

The Caribou lp "Swim" is already one of my albums of the year so it was time to re-appraise his first two releases back when he was still allowed to be called Manitoba

I had forgotten just how good they are. Although I still listen to a lot of Four Tet's folktronica stuff from the same time, I seem to have skipped over these cds in the last year in favour of newer stuff but actually listening to them again now, all the wonky, glitchy beats stuff is probably more relevant now than it was in 2001 and 2003.

I think of the two albums, "Start Breaking My Heart" and "Up In Flames", it was the latter that sounded better on the car stereo that these judgements are being made (and should therefore be taken with a pinch of salt).

I only bought these albums on the strength of great reviews / album of the month awards in Jockey Slut. Maybe it is time to dig out the back issues and check some more stuff from the early '00s, seems like it was quite the bleak place for music I had somehow convinced myself it was. 

Download: I've Lived On A Dirt Road All My Life http://www.mediafire.com/?lmeegmmn1lm

No comments:

Post a Comment