Monday 11 July 2011

R.I.P. Alphonso "Fonce" Mizell

R.I.P. Alphonso "Fonce" Mizell  15th January 1943 - 11th July 2011
With his brother Larry as The Mizell Brothers and Sky High Productions and part of The Corporation at  Motown,  was one of the all-time great writers and producers. 
The classic early Jackson 5 hits are my personal favourites but (hopefully) this little mix might highlight one or two lesser known gems.

The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
The Jackson 5 - ABC
The Jackson 5 - Hallelujah Day
The Jackson 5 - Ooh, I'd Love To Be With You
Michael Jackson - Up Again
The Blackbyrds - Do It Fluid
Donald Byrd - Free Music
Donald Byrd - Wind Parade
Donald Byrd - Flight Time
Donald Byrd -Think Twice
Johnny Hammond - Can't We Smile
Gary Bartz Ntu Troop - The Drinking Song
Bobbi Humphrey - Harlem River Drive
Michael Jackson - We've Got A Good Thing Going



No comments:

Post a Comment