Sunday 3 July 2011

Happy Birthday Paula grooveparlortv

Happy Birthday Paula 'Grooveparlor TV' Harris!!!!

47 tracks by legendary Chicago artists or labels or connections in under an hour. Yes I probably could have played all the tracks a lot longer / done a 10 hour epic / saved some for the next 3 years etc, but I kind of like this one. 


Have a great day

Rhymefest - Brand New ft. Kanye West
Common - 8 Minutes To Sunrise ft. Jill Scott 
The Cool Kids - 88 
The Cool Kids - Jingling
The Cool Kids - Instrumentals
Kanye West - Back To The Basics 
The Cool Kids - Action Figures
Lupe Fiasco - Kick, Push
The Flamingos - I Only have Eyes For You
The Impressions - I'm Loving Nothing
The Impressions - Seven Years
The Impressions - Potent Love
The Impressions - Fool For You
The Impressions - You've Been Cheatin'
The Impressions - I've Been Trying
The Five Stairsteps - Danger! She's A Stranger
Barbara Acklin - I Can't Do My Thing
Barbara Acklin - Am I The Same Girl 
Fontella Bass & Bobby McClure - Don’t Mess Up A Good Thing
Syl Johnson - Come On Sock It To Me
Syl Johnson - Different Strokes
Barbara Acklin - To Sir, With Love
Billy Stewart - Cross My Heart
Billy Stewart - Summertime
Gene Chandler - Nothing Can Stop Me
Chuck Bernard - Indian Giver
The Artistics - What Happened
The Vibrations - Cause You're Mine
The Staple Singers - For What It’s Worth
The Staple Singers - Slippery People
The Impressions - We're A Winner (Jski's Movin On Up Extended)
The Dells - No Way Back
Jerry Butler - I Don't Want Nobody To Know 
The Impressions - Fan The Fire (Touchsoul Repaste)
Laura Lee - I Need It Just As Bad As You (Jski Extended)
Etta James - In The Basement (Scratchandsniff's Extended Re-rub)
Otis Clay - The Only Way Is Up
Chicago - Street Player
Major Lance - Investigate
Etta James - 7 Day Fool (Whiskey Barons Edit)
Billy Butler & The Enchanters - Right Track
Major Lance - Ain't No Soul (In These Old Shoes)
Gene Chandler - Mr Big Shot
Jerry Butler - Moody Woman
The Impressions - The Girl I Find
Curtis Mayfield - (Don't Worry) If There's A Hell Below We're All Going To Go (Leftside Wobble Edit)
Doris Day - The Windy City (From Calamity Jane)



2 comments:

  1. Paul thank you so much! excellent choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration, really glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete