Tuesday 25 January 2011

Mr Scorpio's Hottest Sounds



Last night I had the honour to do a guest mix for Mr Scorpio's show The Hottest Sound on Radio Enigma in Detroit



Jacques Greene - The Look (Koreless Remix)
Thom Yorke - And It Rained All Night (Burial Remix)
Helix - 11-1
Flow State - Creep
M83 - Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun





It took me four attempts to make something that was a) the right length and b) suitable for your show. 
In the end I'm still not certain that I managed that but I've sort of summarised what I'm into at the moment with a mix of some new unreleased stuff by Koreless who is part of the All Caps collective out of Glasgow who are going to do big things in 2011, a young American techno producer called Helix and a fellow dj on space invader, Trust In Dust, here in his production guise of Flow State and add to that a couple of classics that haven't been played to death by Burial and M83.
I know you are doing an international themed mix for songs of praise, well by accident almost, this mix too is. It's just mine are a bit more obvious and safe; England, Scotland, America and France.
Hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment