Monday 25 January 2010

Relax..... Here's something a little different.

Since late last year, I have been getting into a bit ambient, drone, noise type music. I am far from an expert on the subject but so far I'm liking a lot of what I'm finding. Its a bit krautrock, a bit like the atmospheric dubstep stuff, I guess its a bit free jazz but again that's a style I don't really know enough about to really comment.

There are only two downsides with these records; first getting in the right frame of mind, in the right place to appreciate them - laidback is obviously good but I can imagine walking alone through a snowy forrest or somewhere, with this on the headphones, would be where the tension and paranoia would lead to all sorts of mind tricks going on.

The second problem is that they seem to be released in about numbers of 150, private pressings or only available directly from the artists. If you miss the news, prices soon rocket to £60 + within days.

As I say I'm no expert but a couple of the names I have found so far have been Imaginary Softwoods, Richard Skelton, Francisco Lopez and (check out below) Indignant Senility. If anyone has any good tips to look out for, please drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment